Tuesday 26 October 2010

High Street Stroll

I spy with my very normal sized eye a lot of Autumn knitwear. And okay, so I'm not an ardent devotee of knitwear in all its varied glory, I would like to be but jumpers and the like just make me look four months pregnant which would be perfectly okay if I were indeed four months pregnant but I am most certainly not four months pregnant so I am going to abstain from such garments, think this winter will be all about layers and cardigans - cardigans rock! I mean, there are such pretty knitwear pieces available, with belts don't you know, so you can cinch your waist and thus avoid the four month pregnant look but even so, they are chunky and short sleeved which inevitably means you still look two dress sizes bigger whilst your poor arms shiver themselves crazy. Besides I just don't get short sleeved jumpers, what's the point, if I'm buying a jumper I expect sleeves, and no, that's not diva behaviour at all, it's not like I'm asking for my dressing room to be specially painted white with candles and flowers in the same theme, or demanding that my assistant pick out only blue M&Ms for me to devour, I only want sleeves dammit!

Here's me avoiding knitwear like cracks in the pavement:

Right: Pleat Front Brace Skirt - Jane Norman
Excuse the miniscule image, it was the only visual at my disposal. If you are slightly timid of braces, like myself, these can actually be detached or casually flung down so fear not. I know nautical has already left the building but I still could not resist this cute skirt. Perfect for those monochrome madness moments.

Left: Black Spotted Puffball Skirt - Miss Selfridge
Simply gorgeous. A 1950s puffball skirt style instantly made cutting-edge with the patent belt. The polka dots are subtle but lend a very elegant and feminine touch. Looks absolutely awesome combined with my polka dot vest.






Right: Purple Heart Necklace and Studded Bangle - Touch at Pearsons
Charming accessories that would flatter any purple infused outfit. And heart pendants are just my favourite, actually anything heart shaped does it for me really, it's my most cherished shape ever! Although, one does wonder - hearts - are they a shape, are they an organ - that is the true question.

Left: Shawl Collar Tie Belt Cardigan - Jane Norman
Okay, fair enough, it does qualify as knitwear yet at the same time if you were reading this post attentively you would have gathered that cardigans are in fact exempt from the whole knitwear ban. So there. Can't really claim that there is anything unique or special about this item, it is just your run-of-the-mill charcoal cardigan. I like it though, and because I purchased it recently it is sufficient reason enough for it to be plastered on this post. So there!

Also in further shopping related news, I have discovered Glitz4Girlz - great pieces of hair jewellery to masquerade my ghastly fringe. If you are not deterred by the name of the site, which admittedly seems very much directed at those of a single digit age, and are patient enough to sift through the tacky merchandise, you shall find some great bits here, I should know for I have almost bought half of all there is on offer.

Apologies for the brief and oh so very lazy post - am going to play the 'writer's block' card here!

No comments:

Post a Comment