Saturday 9 October 2010

My name is Jasmine, and I am a shoeaholic

Retail therapy: the most effective therapy known to man, and one that I can personally vouch for. But what does one do when they have no money in the bank and no credit card on hand? Nope, not resort to theft or hustle up a sugar daddy, those that have a little ounce of morality catalogue shop. It's like put in on the tab darling.

Yes, I know, I wasn't supposed to buy any more shoes but I rebelled and went on a massive, spiralling out of control shoe binge. In my defence, new shoes are an excellent cure for the blues.

Left: Timeless Velvet Stud Peeptoe Courts - Freemans
I still can't quite resist purple, it's amazing to think that prior to last year, when the colour was officially discovered, it rarely featured in my wardrobe, before last year purple barely existed in my world and now I wear it practically every other day. These towering heels may look a tad scary and intimidating but are surprisingly comfortable and mega easy to strut around in, even after a few Tequila shots. You have my word, in fact take my whole sentence. Plus they work wonders on your legs, think supermodel-esque pins here. The statement stud feature provides a unique and sexy element so it is probably best to keep the rest of your outfit rather low-key but with a splash of purple somewhere in order to compliment the footwear. They look fab teamed with blue denim, and by denim I mean jeans and not any other denim creation. For the record, I don't actually own any denim other than jeans and neither should you - just giving you the heads up folks.

Right: Laura Scott Peep Toe Ankle Boots - Freemans
I have pretty much been a late bloomer when it has come to boots, partially because I prefer my open high heeled shoes as they are more sultry and feminine, and partially because my feet resent being confined. And boots just don't go well with party dresses. But winter strongly demands for more foot coverage, and what with leaves falling off trees and such I believe it is time to invest in boots - great adorned with tights and leggings as I have discovered. These studded suede ankle gems are amay-zing, and the peeptoe factor makes them more contemporary and fashionable, and also allows one with the opportunity to flash a toe or two to tease those with a foot fetish. They complete a short dress and black tights combo.

Left: Laura Scott Sandals - Freemans
A little wood
en if you know what I mean but its earthy tones flatter similar coloured oufits. The marble-type stone design is very pretty and distinctive. I like to team them with my short, beige-y shirt dress and leopard print accessories. Or with my gorgeous ethnic scarf dress which is conveniently made of the same hues.

Right: Andrea Conti Peep Toe Shoes - Freemans
Yay, more purple! I like! And what's more is that there's a diamanté buckle at the forefront AND sequins - how much more glitz could a gal honestly wish for? I have truly been spoilt here with this extraordinary handiwork. These shoes are so delicate looking that I am actually afraid to wear them, besides they look so pretty on my bedroom shelf.

Left: Andrea Conti Ankle Boots - Freemans
Having now been acquainted with boots, and not one to do any
thing by halves, I decided that it was absolutely necessary that I had a pair of brown boots to set off the winter palette of neutral colours. They totally suit the white, cream and brown tones related with the freezing season soon to be bestowed upon us. And they look perfect with blue jeans. Plus the stud design is so in at the moment.

Right: Oli Diamanté Cluster
Shoes - Freemans and
Below: Clarks Diamanté Shoes - Freemans

I am a colour kinda girl, therefore black is almost always last on my list. Furthermore, I always struggle to find a decent pair of black shoes. Same goes for a LBD. And by decent I mean something quite outstanding and not regular. Most black shoes (and ickle black dresses) are, sorry to say, rather dull, unimaginative, and *gasp*, same-ish. Think Davina McCall and Jennifer Aniston here. Both of whom could do with injecting a little colour in their lives, away with predicatability people I say. Yes, I know both these shoes are almost a step away from being the same pair of shoes, not quite twins but siblings of all black diamanté shoes, however I really could not decide between the two, and when one cannot decide between the two they should pick both. Yes, it's an extravagant option but reduces much stress, and we all know stress causes spots, and spots are evil. Along with bananas, beans and Satan. Both options are glamorous and a damn sight of an awesome companion for any party outfit.

... and then there were a few basic purchases involved too, what I would class as wardrobe essentials...

Right: Laura Scott Button Cardigan - Freemans

It's so damn difficult to buy a normal, regular
cardigan. No, I don't want the cropped variety, and I certainly don't want the long, knitted types either - I just want a normal, regular cardigan dammit, with actual sleeves that end at my wrists, and something that doesn't drag across the floor and nearly trip me over in the process. I feel rather like Goldilocks, you know, like "this cardigan is too short"... "this cardigan is too long"... "ahhh, this Laura Scott Button Cardigan is just right". The sleeves are still a few centimetres short, and hey, it's not like I have giant Stretch Armstrong arms or anything, in fact my arms are quite diminutive really but this cardigan will do. It will do so much that I bought in in both black and red. And I like the crystal-type jewel buttons, they jazz up what would initially have been a very normal, regular cardigan. And yes, I know that's exactly what I had originally wanted but still - jazzing up is always much appreciated.

Left: Aniston studde
d cardigan - Freemans
I w
as fairly hesistant and unsure of this item, the material seemed a bit - sorry for being slightly snobbish - cheap looking, and it's grey. Not that there is anything really wrong with grey, except that I'm just not a huge fan of grey, it's a bit bland, not exciting enough for me, not that I expect it to take me for a motorbike ride or skydiving or anything, it's just a little dull. But hey, guess what, I just lurrrrrrve this cardigan, much emphasised by the extensive use of 'r' don't you know. The studded feature gives it a little edge, making it way more hip than all other cardigans, and all the other cardigans so want to be like this one but they can't because they don't have studs, so hah all you other cardigans, you are not quite as cool as my Aniston studded cardigan, in your face cardigan population. Also, it has a very slight waterfall aspect to it which means you can tie the ends and hey presto, it's transformed into a cropped version of itself. How versatile eh. And I have just realised that grey is like such a cool colour, it's kinda like a darker white, and like a lighter black, like totally awesome dude. But the best thing about it is that it can be paired with almost anything - grey rocks! It looks best with a monochrome look or with jeans but like I just said, it goes with practically anything, I particulary prefer it teamed with my navy dresses - add black tights and the studded Laura Scott Peep Toe Ankle boots from above, and it's a killer look.

Right: AJC Vest Top - Freemans and
Below: Laura Scott Stud Neck Top - Freemans

Vest tops are the epitome of casual, and a wardrobe requirement. I find most are either made of flimsy material or are just too plain, these however are pretty perfect as far as vest tops go. The polka dot design on the AJC one means it can be combined with a black or white skirt for a trendy monochrome look. Let's not forget that polka dots were once again fashionable earlier this spring/summer season, and although it may now be autumn it must be remembered that this pattern is a trend that will never truly disappear, it seems to pop up regularly time and time again, and is very easy to wear, making this top a wardrobe investment really. Meanwhile, the embellishments on the Laura Scott top immediately marks it slightly higher up on the food chain than your standard plain black vest top. Wear with grey skinny jeans, the grey cardigan above, a pair of black boots, and lots of attitude for a rock chick look.

Right: Melrose Satin Bow Top - Freemans
What can I say, it's that colour grey again, and we have much established that I'm so feeling grey at the minute. An ordinary top made pretty with a central satin bow fe
ature, it is terrific coupled with a pair of jeans for a laid-back daytime look.

Below: Laura Scott Graphic Jersey Dress - Freemans
Apologies for the lame-ass photographic image, this dress however is absolutely lush. The different shades of grey (yep, grey once more) combined with the black make it very interesting and stylish, and the studded quirks give it an ultra modern and current feel. Is it just me, or is everybody just heavily sprinkling studs on clothing and footwear everywhere? This post alone has had several articles illustrated with these popular metal pieces. It is stud season indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment