Sunday 31 October 2010

Vampires: bloody damn lucky or what?

Ties in aptly with Halloween actually. Plus the 'Twilight' flicks have made vampires mega popular and trendy again, you know, as opposed to being all creepy and bizarre.

I do sometimes wish I were a vampire, not because I'm keen on the taste of blood, I'd rather stick with Cherryade to be honest, and definitely not because I have an affinity for abruptly appearing in dimly lit alleyways in order to frighten unsuspecting strangers, although that could quite possibly be fairly entertaining, well, it easily beats bowling. No, I sometimes wish I were a vampire for the anti-ageing qualities they possess - the lucky sods. The supernatural powers would be a bonus really, and very much welcomed I'll have you know, I'm not about to turn away such gifts - after all, I'm no ungrateful little so and so, besides it's all part of the package right?

To be honest, I am pretty much halfway there without any support - I am not exactly enthusiastic about sunlight, or any light for that matter (very harsh on my constant migraines), my curtains are always drawn shut, and I have ceiling spotlights in my bedroom, a couple of which no longer emit any actual light - how's that eh? I generally exhibit many of the traits discussed here which is quite scary really. Plus I look fairly young for my earth years - I am meant to be twenty-eight but I easily fit into the eighteen to twenty-two age bracket.

As much as it pains me to admit, I am not actually a vampire or any kind of preternatural creature, even though my fantasies would strongly prefer me to be. However, I am kind of hoping that some immortal being out there will by chance read this and initiate me into their special club. Hey, I so totally have the whole silent, brooding, mysterious act perfected - not at all vying for a vampire-related invitation here! Anyway, let us step away from all this vampire nonsense for a moment, much of this pondering gave birth when I was washing my hair earlier - not a novelty, rare or momentous occassion by the way - and although, I have had them for years now, I am no longer in denial. I am talking about white hair here people, hair devoid of any colour. I figured I was genetically dispositioned to them earlier than most people, I probably got my first white strand in my late teens - can you believe that?! Now I have roughly ten which although is less than one percent of my total hair count is still ten too many, not to mention that we're now in double figures. Oh and for those who are wondering, I just yank them right out - I don't buy into that old wives' tale about two more growing back for each one that you pull, it's pants, whoever came up with that obviously had no idea about Science and melanin and all that jazz.

Anyway so there's nothing like white hair to make you feel old. It's not even like the first sign of ageing, it's like the definite sign of ageing. And although the man above decided to bless me with a youthful demeanor, he threw a spanner in the works by bestowing premature greying upon me - a very cruel trick indeed, in fact he is probably chuckling this very minute as I write this sentence. So now I can't even use the said youthful demeanor to my advantage because the greying hairs counteract it in every possible way. Not fair. Many people strongly believe you are as old as you feel, my mantra has always been 'you are as old as you look' which going by the poxy white discoveries on my head would make me like mid to late thirties. Hmmph.

Okay so maybe I am overreacting slightly but ageing scares me. Not death mind you, death I find liberating and natural, sort of like your ultimate goal in life, it's ageing that quite literally scares the pants off me. I really don't want to age, please don't make me - said in exasperation with eyes searching towards the sky whilst hands are joined together in a prayer-like stance. And this is why I need a vampire right about now.

Also, in more ageing news, I now have like a permanent forehead wrinkle or line or whatever it is you prefer to call the damn unsightly thing. The stupid crease even shows up through foundation, there's no disguising it, it's just eager to seep through to the surface and say hello. I figure it's my highly expressive nature at blame here, which means I need to tone down pulling faces and opt for a more wrinkle-free blank look, something I can't even maintain for like half of half a minute. Botox suddenly seems very appealing. Besides a teeny tiny bit never harmed anybody, right?

And with that I'm off to research all things botox and dermal filler-like. Unless of course somebody knows a vampire they can direct my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment